GOVERNMENT AUTHORIZED TRAINING CENTER
भारत सरकार GOVT.OF INDIA & maharaYT`/ Saasana महाराष्ट्र शासन REG.NO/ATC/2017/515, INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED STANDARDS AN ISO 9001: 2008 & 9001:2015 CERTIFIED COURSES
Top 10 Interesting facts on Martin Scorsese
- Martin worked as a news editor at TV network CBS after graduating NYU.
- Scorsese suffered asthma as a child. As a result, his family used to take him to the movies for his entertainment, which is where his passion for cinema started.
- Scorsese was the assistant director and editor on the 1970 documentary ‘Woodstock’, chronicling the legendary 1969 music festival.
- In the 1970s, Scorsese was crippled with anxiety over the number 11. The extreme superstition caused him to avoid anything to do with the number, including traveling on the 11th day of November and staying on the 11th floor of hotels.
- He is listed as one of 50 people barred from entering Tibet after his film Kundun was released.
- He had a funny appearance on Curb Your Enthusiasm, where he played a shrill version of himself who comes to regret his decision to cast Larry David as a violent gangster in a movie after David repeatedly ruins the suit he needs to wear as the character.
- He was voted the 4th greatest director of all time by Entertainment Weekly, making him the only living person in the top 5 and the only working film director in the top 10.
- The director was originally offered the role of Charles Manson in the 1976 TV film Helter Skelter, but he turned it down.
- He turned down Steven Spielberg’s offer to direct Schindler’s List. He believed a Jewish filmmaker would be a more appropriate fit.
- He directed the music video for Michael Jackson’s “Bad.”